MAROONDAH ORCHID SOCIETY INC.
Reg. No. A0003398L
The Friendly Society
Corporate Member: The Orchid Societies Council of Victoria ( Australia )
The Maroondah Orchid Society was formed in the month of April 1978 by orchid enthusiasts who predominately lived in the vicinity of the Maroondah Highway, a main thoroughfare through the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, hence the name Maroondah Orchid Society (MOS). MOS became an Incorporated Society in December 1984.
The purposes of the society as expressed in the current Rules (adopted January 2014) are to:
(1) Promote amongst Members and the general public an appreciation of orchids and their culture;
(2) Encourage affiliations with orchid societies both within Australia and overseas;
(3) Hold shows, displays, seminars and other similar functions;
(4) Provide a meeting place for members and others interested in orchid culture for their mutual benefit and fellowship; and
(5) Promote the conservation of the orchids of Australia in their natural habitat and to discourage the destruction of such natural habitats.
All meetings are held at 21 Stevens Road Vermont (St Timothy’s Catholic School) on the third Friday of each Month, with the exception of January.
The meeting commences at 8.00pm with the hall open at 7.00pm for members to bench their plants. A early bird session commences at 7.15pm for newer members and other interested growers.
• Display and Judging of members plants and Floral Art.
• Guest speakers.
• Sale of plants and orchid growing accessories.
Books on orchid culture are available for loan free of charge to members.
Membership enquiries should be made on the following page: Registrations
Visitors are always welcome to come along to the meetings. Meetings always finish with a cuppa and a chat